Bigeloil Poultice Products
Bigeloil® poultice products are a “no-mess” solution to leg and hoof care.
“Offering the benefits of traditional ingredients in an innovative format.”
Quilted and containing kaolin clay as well as Epsom salt, Bigeloil® poultice products heal and protect. Their poultices can be used with warm or cold water – and they stay wet for at least 12 hours!
Suitable for problems such as hoof heat, bruising, filled legs, and general soreness after strenuous exercise.
Bigeloil® products tend to have a pleasant scent too.
Some Bigeloil® products also have external analgesic and antiseptic properties, meaning they offer your horse pain-relieving comfort whilst preventing the growth of disease-causing bacteria that lead to infections.
The benefits of kaolin clay include:
* Gentle cleansing – it is particularly great for sensitive skin.
* Naturally occurring substance – so no nasty chemicals!
* Offers powerful osmotic action that removes excess fluid, allowing fresh tissue fluid to circulate into the area, bringing protective blood cells, nutrients, and oxygen to the site. More information on kaolin clay is available at: https://blog.biostarus.com/healing-art-poultice/
Positive effects of Epsom salt include:
* Effective drawing out of abscesses.
* Reduces swelling.
* Soothes sore muscles and joints.
Further information about Epsom salt, for use in poultices for horses, you can visit: https://www.horse.com/item/kaeco-epsom-salt-poultice/