For more than 170 years, family-owned company Saracen® have been manufacturers of quality horse feeds.
The Saracen® story as stated on their website, “Saracen became a limited company in its own right in 1989, and remains within the Lillico Group and under the command of the fourth generation of the founding family, Patrick Walker.
The company takes pride in its traditional family heritage, and stays true to the founding values of trust, integrity, quality, and commitment to exceptional customer service.
In challenging environments, Saracen continues to combine these values with modern manufacturing capabilities and innovative, research-led formulations keep us at the forefront of modern feed manufacture.”
Here are the reasons Saracen® say you should choose their products:
* “We have an open declaration policy. This means that EVERY ingredient that we use is declared on our feed labels. We set ourselves the highest of standards in quality control, and annual quality audits determine our continued compliance to the UFAS & BETA NOPS Code of Practice.”
* “We have a professional, qualified and passionate team who work hard to listen to your horse’s nutritional requirements, your goals and ambitions.”
* “We provide a complete range of horse feeds from foal to finish that are underpinned by research from Kentucky Equine Research (KER).”
* “We produce diets that provide cost effective nutrition and are proven to deliver results.”
* “The brand is trusted by professionals across all equine disciplines – Carl Hester, Francis Whittington & Philip Spivey all choose Saracen.”
* “We have a state-of-the art manufacturing facility that enables us to provide you and your horses with diets that incorporate some of the most innovative feed ingredients of the highest quality.”
* “Our rations draw energy from ‘Super Fibres’ and oil sources, rather than using more traditional energy sources such as starch/cereal components, which are both unnatural for horses to consume, and can contribute to excitable behaviour.”
* “Our diets are fully fortified with vitamins and minerals and we use Bioplex minerals to increase availability and absorption. We strategically use Vitamin E where it will help with performance, immune status, colostrum quality and semen quality, as a few examples.”
* “Quality protein is essential for cell renewal, tissue and muscle repair. At Saracen Horse Feeds Ltd. we only use the highest quality protein sources, full of essential amino acids including Soya and Alfalfa.”
* “With a firm focus on the future, we at Saracen Horse Feeds are taking Sustainability seriously. We see it as our responsibility to do everything we can today to reduce the impact on the environment and plan for a better tomorrow. We have been focussing on 5 key areas to improve our environmental input through the ingredients that we use within our feeds, the energy which powers our production site, our waste management systems, lighting and packaging. This list is not exhaustive and we are still striving to be better at what we do whilst putting the planet first.”
If you wish to find out more information about Saracen®, you can visit their website: https://www.saracenhorsefeeds.com/